maandag 19 oktober 2009

Windham Cream toooooo yellow



I was hoping it would be more Cream instead it's more yellow. Is BM Rich Cream's this yellow? I almost feel like it's Easter between the blue and yellow.
Colorman says:
Never pick a single color on its own. The Windham Cream works the way it works in this very environment. So it's not the color. It's the setting. I colorjived the picture, but left the Windham Cream (in the middle) intact. I'm not saying you should paint it this way (in fact the colors I painted are pretty ugly) but do you notice how the Windham Cream has changed? Believe it or not, the Windham Cream is about the only color that hasn't changed in my image. Amazing, isn't it? In this case the effect it due to contrast of complements. Remove the contrast of complements and the yellowish effect is gone.
So go back to the paint store, but this time take a sample of the blue color to put it next to the yellow.

Click on the image to play with the colors.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten